[Dspam-user] Ann: dspam-milter

Tom Hendrikx

Hi,

After being unhappy with my MTA setup for some time, mainly because of
the multiple needed hooks in Postfix to enable all wanted protection
(milters, content_filter, smtpd_mumble_restrictions with hooks to
external interfaces), I decided that milters were the most useful and
coherent interface available.

They're easy to set up and integrate into your MTA, they can reject at
SMTP time, and most relevant content and virus scanners already have
milter support, but DSPAM doesn't. Until now! :)

I created dspam-milter, a daemon that glues a milter interface onto
the dspam daemon. An overview of the current features:

- - Communicates with DSPAM using regular ServerHost/ServerPort (tcp) or
ServerDomainSocketPath (unix) socket
- - Exposes milter socket for MTA
- - Instructs MTA to reject/quarantine/accept, based on DSPAM results
- - Custom thresholds for classifications, based on dspam confidence
- - Supports directing all queries to a single user (ala dspam shared
group setup)
- - Can add a subset of headers
- - Custom header prefix (i.e. X-CustomSpamFilter-Signature: ...)

Detailed information is available at:
- - https://github.com/whyscream/dspam-milter
- - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/dspam-milter

I've been using this for the last 2 months without any issues, but
since setups differ a lot, you could run into trouble because I never
covered the use case. Then please give me a poke: I could help you
adapt the setup, or add some feature to dspam-milter that will help
you solve the issue.

For any questions, issues and bugs, feel free to create an issue on
github, or post on this list.

Kind regards,
        Tom