[Dspam-user] Configuration sanity check

David Mehler
Hello,

I've been working with dspam for the past few days trying to solve a
permissions issue. Finally I just uninstalled, reinstalled, and
started over.

I'm not seeing permissions but I'm not sure it's working either. I've
included my dspam.conf below plus a log excerpt. If I've got any
configuration errors please let me know. I am seeing items showing up
as I in system.log and in the user log.

Thanks.
Dave.

Home /var/lib/dspam
StorageDriver /usr/lib/dspam/libmysql_drv.so
DeliveryHost 127.0.0.1
DeliveryPort 10026
DeliveryIdent localhost
DeliveryProto SMTP
OnFail error
Trust root
Trust dspam
Trust apache
Trust mail
Trust mailnull
Trust smmsp
Trust daemon
Trust vmail
TrainingMode tum
TestConditionalTraining on
Feature whitelist
Algorithm graham burton
Tokenizer osb
PValue bcr
WebStats off
Preference "trainingMode=TUM" # { TOE | TUM | TEFT | NOTRAIN } -> default:teft
Preference "spamAction=tag" # { quarantine | tag | deliver } ->
default:quarantine
Preference "spamSubject=[SPAM]" # { string } -> default:[SPAM]
Preference "statisticalSedation=5" # { 0 - 10 } -> default:0
Preference "enableBNR=on" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "enableWhitelist=on" # { on | off } -> default:on
Preference "signatureLocation=message" # { message | headers } ->
default:message
Preference "tagSpam=on" # { on | off }
Preference "tagNonspam=off" # { on | off }
Preference "showFactors=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "optIn=off" # { on | off }
Preference "optOut=off" # { on | off }
Preference "whitelistThreshold=10" # { Integer } -> default:10
Preference "makeCorpus=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "storeFragments=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "localStore=" # { on | off } -> default:username
Preference "processorBias=on" # { on | off } -> default:on
Preference "fallbackDomain=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "trainPristine=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "optOutClamAV=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "ignoreRBLLookups=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "RBLInoculate=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
Preference "notifications=off" # { on | off } -> default:off
AllowOverride enableBNR
AllowOverride enableWhitelist
AllowOverride fallbackDomain
AllowOverride ignoreGroups
AllowOverride ignoreRBLLookups
AllowOverride localStore
AllowOverride makeCorpus
AllowOverride optIn
AllowOverride optOut
AllowOverride optOutClamAV
AllowOverride processorBias
AllowOverride RBLInoculate
AllowOverride showFactors
AllowOverride signatureLocation
AllowOverride spamAction
AllowOverride spamSubject
AllowOverride statisticalSedation
AllowOverride storeFragments
AllowOverride tagNonspam
AllowOverride tagSpam
AllowOverride trainPristine
AllowOverride trainingMode
AllowOverride whitelistThreshold
AllowOverride dailyQuarantineSummary
AllowOverride notifications
MySQLServer /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
MySQLUser xxx
MySQLPass xxx
MySQLDb xxx
MySQLCompress true
MySQLReconnect true
MySQLVirtualTable dspam_virtual_uids
MySQLVirtualUIDField uid
MySQLVirtualUsernameField username
MySQLUIDInSignature on
HashRecMax 98317
HashAutoExtend on
HashMaxExtents 0
HashExtentSize 49157
HashPctIncrease 10
HashMaxSeek 10
HashConnectionCache 10
IgnoreHeader Authentication-Results
IgnoreHeader DKIM-Signature
IgnoreHeader X-DKIM
Notifications off
PurgeSignature off # Specified in purge.sql
PurgeNeutral 90
PurgeUnused off # Specified in purge.sql
PurgeHapaxes off # Specified in purge.sql
PurgeHits1S off # Specified in purge.sql
PurgeHits1I off # Specified in purge.sql
LocalMX 127.0.0.1
SystemLog on
UserLog on
Opt out
ParseToHeaders on
ChangeModeOnParse on
ChangeUserOnParse full
ServerPort 10024
ServerQueueSize 32
ServerPID /var/run/dspam/dspam.pid
ServerMode auto
ServerParameters "--deliver=innocent"
ServerIdent "localhost"
ServerDomainSocketPath "/var/run/dspam/dspam.sock"
ProcessorURLContext on
ProcessorBias on
StripRcptDomain off
GroupConfig /var/lib/dspam/group

and in log:
Feb 22 09:11:36 xxxx dspam[4306]: Signature retrieval for
'5000,5307e10d315071527687891' failed
Feb 22 09:11:36 xxxx dspam[4306]: Unable to find a valid signature. Aborting.
Feb 22 09:11:36 xxxx dspam[4306]: process_message returned error -5.
dropping message.

Re: [Dspam-user] Configuration sanity check

Rick Leir
On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 09:51 -0500, David Mehler wrote:
I'm not sure it's working

Send a few test emails from a test account to yourself, some containing 'objectionable' terms?  Retrain a few of them?  Send a few more, check that the training caused some subsequent emails to be Junked?

Rick Leir, Senior Developer
http://CirrusComputing.com/

Re: [Dspam-user] Configuration sanity check

Tom Hendrikx

On 22-02-14 15:51, David Mehler wrote:

> [...]
> PurgeUnused off # Specified in purge.sql PurgeHapaxes off #
> Specified in purge.sql PurgeHits1S off # Specified in purge.sql
> PurgeHits1I off # Specified in purge.sql LocalMX 127.0.0.1
> SystemLog on UserLog on Opt out ParseToHeaders on
> ChangeModeOnParse on ChangeUserOnParse full ServerPort 10024
> ServerQueueSize 32 ServerPID /var/run/dspam/dspam.pid ServerMode
> auto ServerParameters "--deliver=innocent" ServerIdent "localhost"
> ServerDomainSocketPath "/var/run/dspam/dspam.sock"
> ProcessorURLContext on ProcessorBias on StripRcptDomain off
> GroupConfig /var/lib/dspam/group
>
> and in log: Feb 22 09:11:36 xxxx dspam[4306]: Signature retrieval
> for '5000,5307e10d315071527687891' failed Feb 22 09:11:36 xxxx
> dspam[4306]: Unable to find a valid signature. Aborting. Feb 22
> 09:11:36 xxxx dspam[4306]: process_message returned error -5.

The error shows a problem during retraining: it's trying to find a
signature to retrain, but the sifnature isn't available in the
database backend. Are you sure that the message you trained has a
signature from the same install? If you rebuilt your setup a few
times, you probably also started with an empty database (or new uids).

Can you try to retrain a message that was received by your latest
install? If that fails, then please show the original delivery logs of
the message, and the retrain logs.

Tom