[Dspam-user] Confused with mail aliases and DSPAM

[Dspam-user] Confused with mail aliases and DSPAM

Tarmo Trumm
Hey guys!

So i had postfix + calamav + smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
At the moment im trying to implement dspam to my postfix installation. Its working web interface spam statistics quarantine etc. But i have PostgreSQL db where i have my mail aliases and lists and when email is sent to list like [hidden email] dspam creates data file for [hidden email] not for the users in the list. How can i use virtual alias maps with dpsam?

In postfix configuration main.cf i have alias lookup like this.
virtual_alias_maps = proxy:pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql/virtual_alias_maps.cf

master.cf
smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
        -o content_filter=lmtp:127.0.0.1:10033

dspam   unix    -       n       n       -       10      pipe
        flags=Ru user=dspam argv=/usr/local/bin/dspam
         --deliver=innocent --user $user -i -f $sender
         -- $recipient
dspam-retrain   unix     -      n       n       -        -       pipe
        flags=Rhq user=dspam argv=/usr/bin/dspam
         --client
         --mode=teft
         --class=$nexthop
         --source=error
         --user dspam

localhost:10034 inet    n       -       n       -       -        smtpd
 -o content_filter=
 -o receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks
 -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
 -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
 -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
 -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
 -o smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts=127.0.0.0/8#

Dspam conf:
Home /srv/dspam

DeliveryHost 127.0.0.1
DeliveryPort 10034
DeliveryIdent localhost
DeliveryProto SMTP

ServerPort 10033
ServerQueueSize 32
ServerPID /var/run/dspam/dspam.pid
ServerMode auto
ServerParameters "--deliver=innocent, spam –d %u"
ServerIdent "localhost.localdomain"
StorageDriver /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dspam/libpgsql_drv.so
AllowOverride enableBNR
AllowOverride enableWhitelist
AllowOverride fallbackDomain
AllowOverride ignoreGroups
AllowOverride ignoreRBLLookups
AllowOverride localStore
AllowOverride makeCorpus
AllowOverride optIn
AllowOverride optOut
AllowOverride optOutClamAV
AllowOverride processorBias
AllowOverride RBLInoculate
AllowOverride showFactors
AllowOverride signatureLocation
AllowOverride spamAction
AllowOverride spamSubject
AllowOverride statisticalSedation
AllowOverride storeFragments
AllowOverride tagNonspam
AllowOverride tagSpam
AllowOverride trainPristine
AllowOverride trainingMode
AllowOverride whitelistThreshold
AllowOverride dailyQuarantineSummary
AllowOverride notifications
ParseToHeaders on
ChangeModeOnParse on
ChangeUserOnParse off
ClamAVPort              3310
ClamAVHost              127.0.0.1
ClamAVResponse          reject

So i would like DSPAM to lookup mail aliases and put the spam statistics to users stat fail not create a stat file for mail list email.

Best regards,
Tarmo

Re: [Dspam-user] Confused with mail aliases and DSPAM

Wicher Minnaard
On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:05:55 +0200
Tarmo Trumm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So i had postfix + calamav + smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
> At the moment im trying to implement dspam to my postfix
> installation. Its working web interface spam statistics quarantine
> etc. But i have PostgreSQL db where i have my mail aliases and lists
> and when email is sent to list like [hidden email] dspam creates data
> file for [hidden email] not for the users in the list. How can i use
> virtual alias maps with dpsam?

I solve this by running DSPAM in LMTP mode. My Postfix then uses DSPAM
as a final destination, so after any rewrites are made. DSPAM then
delivers the mail, again over LTMP, to Dovecot, which is the real final
destination.

I'm interested to hear any other solutions.

Regards, Wicher

Re: [Dspam-user] Confused with mail aliases and DSPAM

Tom Hendrikx
On 12/04/2013 09:35 PM, Wicher wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:05:55 +0200
> Tarmo Trumm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So i had postfix + calamav + smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
>> At the moment im trying to implement dspam to my postfix
>> installation. Its working web interface spam statistics quarantine
>> etc. But i have PostgreSQL db where i have my mail aliases and lists
>> and when email is sent to list like [hidden email] dspam creates data
>> file for [hidden email] not for the users in the list. How can i use
>> virtual alias maps with dpsam?
>
> I solve this by running DSPAM in LMTP mode. My Postfix then uses DSPAM
> as a final destination, so after any rewrites are made. DSPAM then
> delivers the mail, again over LTMP, to Dovecot, which is the real final
> destination.
>
> I'm interested to hear any other solutions.
The problem is that you setup DSPAM to apply after the virtual aliases
are expanded by postfix, probably by using it as a content_filter or as
FILTER action.

In order to get the filtering done before alias expansion, configure
postfix to do alias expansion afterwards. Or setup DSPAM to run earlier,
f.i. as a smtpd proxy, or as a milter (using a milter wrapper like
amavisd-milter.

Regards,
        Tom