[Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

[Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

Орхан Касумов

In my setup, DSPAM server receives mails from several MX servers and relays them to a single IMAP server.

The IMAP server's:
- IP address is the "DeliveryHost"
- and its DNS name is the "DeliveryIdent"
in DSPAM's configuration file.

The question is: is it possible to use several IMAP servers in this scenario? I can make "DeliveryIdent" point at a DNS record that resolves to several IP addresses, but how can I tell DSPAM to use several "DeliveryHosts"? It doesn't support either this:

DeliveryHost 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.20

or this:

DeliveryHost 192.168.1.10
DeliveryHost 192.168.1.20

Is there a way to make DSPAM relay mails to several IMAP servers?
Thanks in advance!

Re: [Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

ktm@rice.edu
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 04:08:56PM +0300, Орхан Касумов wrote:

> In my setup, DSPAM server receives mails from several MX servers and relays them to a single IMAP server.
> The IMAP server's:
> - IP address is the "DeliveryHost"
> - and its DNS name is the "DeliveryIdent"
> in DSPAM's configuration file.
> The question is: is it possible to use several IMAP servers in this scenario? I can make "DeliveryIdent" point at a DNS record that resolves to several IP addresses, but how can I tell DSPAM to use several "DeliveryHosts"? It doesn't support either this:
> DeliveryHost 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.20
> or this:
> DeliveryHost 192.168.1.10
> DeliveryHost 192.168.1.20
> Is there a way to make DSPAM relay mails to several IMAP servers?
> Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Can you use an IMAP proxy like perdition or nginx to connect to the various
backend IMAP servers?

Regards,
Ken

Re: [Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

Орхан Касумов

Thanks for the quick answer! I've never used such a setup, but if it's the only way, then I'll surely try. Do you know a verified link describing something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Отправлено от Type Mail

На 30.03.2015, в 18:22, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> написал:п
[...]

Sebastian Toepfer
Am 2015-03-30 15:18, schrieb [hidden email]:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 04:08:56PM +0300, Орхан Касумов wrote:
>
> In my setup, DSPAM server receives mails from several MX servers and
> relays them to a single IMAP server.
> The IMAP server's:
> - IP address is the "DeliveryHost"
> - and its DNS name is the "DeliveryIdent"
> in DSPAM's configuration file.
> The question is: is it possible to use several IMAP servers in this
> scenario? I can make "DeliveryIdent" point at a DNS record that
> resolves to several IP addresses, but how can I tell DSPAM to use
> several "DeliveryHosts"? It doesn't support either this:
> DeliveryHost 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.20
> or this:
> DeliveryHost 192.168.1.10
> DeliveryHost 192.168.1.20
> Is there a way to make DSPAM relay mails to several IMAP servers?
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Hi,
>
> Can you use an IMAP proxy like perdition or nginx to connect to the
> various
> backend IMAP servers?
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Hi,

or use the dspam way, see the readme:

# If you would like to set up DeliveryHost's on a per-domain basis, use
# the syntax: DeliveryHost.domain.com 1.2.3.4

not try it out, but think it should work.

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: [Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

Eric Broch
Why can't you reinject into an smtp server?

On 3/30/2015 12:08 PM, Orkhan Gasimov wrote:

[...]

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Re: [Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

Орхан Касумов
The ultimate goal is to achieve full redundancy and avoid a single point of failure. For that purpose I use 2 separate VMs for 2 MX servers,
2 separate VMs for 2 IMAP servers, and currently 1 VM for 1 DSPAM server (but 2 planned). In addition, DNS servers has a record that resolves to
IPs of both MX-es, and MX-es specify further recipient in their config as an FQDN record; that FQDN also resolves to 2 IPs (of 2 DSPAM servers -
one existing and another one planned); as only one DSPAM server is currently present, it's the only one receiving messages from any of MX-es.
The DSPAM server then sends the message further to an IMAP server. With that said,

what's the point of reinjecting back to an SMTP server? Even though configuration files of Postfix allow to specify further recipient as an FQDN record
(which can resolve to multiple IPs to avoid a single point of failure), no matter where DSPAM sends the message - it's a single point of failure,
because DSPAM takes only one IP address as "DeliveryHost".

I want to achieve a situation when DSPAM tries to send the message to one location (IMAP server or even back to SMTP server), and if it's unavailable,
then DSPAM tries to send the message to another location. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that if dspam.conf allowed to write an FQDN
(which would resolve to multiple IPs) as "DeliveryHost", then that goal could be achieved (or not?).

Using an IMAP proxy seems logical to me only if the proxy is on the same VM as the DSPAM server, otherwise it's also a single point of failure.
Probably I'll try it that way, because using this syntax:

DeliveryHost.example.com    192.168.1.10
DeliveryHost.example.com    192.168.1.20

led to error messages and non-working configuration (I was experimenting, but understood that the syntax is not valid).

На 30.03.2015, в 18:22, "ktm@..." <ktm@...> написал:п

On 3/30/2015 11:39 PM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
> what's the point of reinjecting back to an SMTP server? Even though
> configuration files of Postfix allow to specify further recipient as
> an FQDN record
Because it's normal. That's what SMTP servers are made for.

Re: [Dspam-user] DSPAM server relaying to several IMAP servers

Орхан Касумов
In fact, I used your advice: instead of using perdition or something
else as an IMAP proxy for DSPAM, I used Postfix as an IMAP proxy for
DSPAM. Now the scheme is like this:

letter ==> Postfix VM1 or Postfix VM2 ==> (DSPAM VM with Local Postfix)
==> IMAP VM1 or IMAP VM2 ==> directory.

And it works! Thanks.