[Dspam-user] DSpam and postfix integration, a follow up

[Dspam-user] DSpam and postfix integration, a follow up

David Mehler
Hello,

This is a short follow up to my message on Postfix and DSpam
integration specifically dealing with the spam and notspam aliases. I
still have not found out what the problem is, but I know what it
isn't. It's definitely not postfix. I removed the content_filter
option and kept everything else, also changed in master.cff
/usr/bin/dspamc to /usr/bin/dspam and forwarding to the spam and
notspam addresses worked fine, locked them down with a sender and
recipient check and that also worked. Adding back in the
content_filter option and they return error 555 invalid user.

Thanks.
Dave.

Re: [Dspam-user] DSpam and postfix integration, a follow up

Tom Hendrikx
On 03/05/2014 05:07 AM, David Mehler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is a short follow up to my message on Postfix and DSpam
> integration specifically dealing with the spam and notspam aliases. I
> still have not found out what the problem is, but I know what it
> isn't. It's definitely not postfix. I removed the content_filter
> option and kept everything else, also changed in master.cff
> /usr/bin/dspamc to /usr/bin/dspam and forwarding to the spam and
> notspam addresses worked fine, locked them down with a sender and
> recipient check and that also worked. Adding back in the
> content_filter option and they return error 555 invalid user.

Hi Dave,

The problem here is that you don't show what you actually did and what
the results were. Using content-filter in postfix only matters for
filtering incoming e-mail, and has nothing to do with retraining. You
haven't shown any config snippets from postfix that describe anything
related to content_filter.

So I'd advise you to go back to the setup that worked for filtering
incoming mail. Then follow my earlier directions to test whether the
spam/nonspam aliases are working. When they aren't working, please show
full config and full logs, no abstract descriptions. You make it
impossible for readers to help you otherwise.

Regards,
        Tom