[Dspam-user] Disable DSPAM for mails from Mailman

[Dspam-user] Disable DSPAM for mails from Mailman

ML mail
Hello,

I am using DSPAM with Postfix and have just installed Mailman as mailing list software. Now mails going to a mailing list get scanned by DSPAM, this makes sense and is great but I also noticed that mails sent by Mailman (such as automatic answer to requests made to Mailman) also pass through DSPAM. This is not needed and even not wanted because some of the mails generated by Mailman do get marked as spam :(

So my question here is there a way how I can disable DSPAM just for automatic generated mails from Mailman?

I have configured mailman in postfix using the default way in postfix's master.cf as such:

mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=FR user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py

and I am using DSPAM as content filter to my smtp service as defined in master.cf:

smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
        -o content_filter=lmtp:unix:dspam/dspam.sock

Regards,
M.L.

Re: [Dspam-user] Disable DSPAM for mails from Mailman

Tom Hendrikx
On 12/05/2013 07:06 PM, ML mail wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using DSPAM with Postfix and have just installed Mailman as mailing
> list software. Now mails going to a mailing list get scanned by DSPAM,
> this makes sense and is great but I also noticed that mails sent by
> Mailman (such as automatic answer to requests made to Mailman) also pass
> through DSPAM. This is not needed and even not wanted because some of
> the mails generated by Mailman do get marked as spam :(
>
> So my question here is there a way how I can disable DSPAM just for
> automatic generated mails from Mailman?
>
> I have configured mailman in postfix using the default way in postfix's
> master.cf as such:
>
> mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   flags=FR user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
>
> and I am using DSPAM as content filter to my smtp service as defined in
> master.cf:
>
> smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
>         -o content_filter=lmtp:unix:dspam/dspam.sock

You can create a second smtpd entry in master.cf for that disables dspam
filtering. Then, make sure that all messages that don't need to be
scanned, are passed over it using transport_maps.

Example:

127.0.0.1:10025      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
  -o content_filter=

Then, configure mailman to tranfer all its outgoing mail to
127.0.0.1:10025 in stead of the default. I don't use mailman so I have
no idea how to set that up.

Regards,
        Tom

Re: [Dspam-user] Disable DSPAM for mails from Mailman

ML mail
Hi Tom,

Great trick, this worked perfectly! For all those who also use Mailman you will have to add the following parameter to your local mailman configuration file in order to use have mailman use another port:

SMTPPORT = 10025

Regards,
ML