[Dspam-user] Enable whitelisting

Christoph Pleger
Hello,

I want to have whitelisting enabled and thought that I have set all
necessary configuration values for that, but obviously, it does not work.

dspam is running in daemon mode. I have attached the contents of the
configuration directory /etc/dspam.

What do I have to change to make whitelisting work?

Regards
  Christoph

dspam.tar.gz (18K) Download Attachment

Re: [Dspam-user] Enable whitelisting

Christoph Pleger
Hello,

no idea what I have to do to enable automatic whitelisting? I know that I
once had it working with a configuration very similar to my current one,
so probably only very little has to be changed. Unfortunately, I do not
have the old configuration files any more.

Regards

  Christoph

> Hello,
>
> I want to have whitelisting enabled and thought that I have set all
> necessary configuration values for that, but obviously, it does not work.
>
> dspam is running in daemon mode. I have attached the contents of the
> configuration directory /etc/dspam.
>
> What do I have to change to make whitelisting work?
>
> Regards
>   Christoph

Re: [Dspam-user] Enable whitelisting

Peter
Hi,

Not an expert in that however, try adding these 2 lines to your config
file:

Preference "enableWhitelist=on"
Preference "whitelistThreshold=20"

Maybe it will help,

Peter

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 04:40 PM, Christoph Pleger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> no idea what I have to do to enable automatic whitelisting? I know that I
> once had it working with a configuration very similar to my current one,
> so probably only very little has to be changed. Unfortunately, I do not
> have the old configuration files any more.
>
> Regards
>
>   Christoph
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to have whitelisting enabled and thought that I have set all
> > necessary configuration values for that, but obviously, it does not work.
> >
> > dspam is running in daemon mode. I have attached the contents of the
> > configuration directory /etc/dspam.
> >
> > What do I have to change to make whitelisting work?
> >
> > Regards
> >   Christoph

Re: [Dspam-user] Enable whitelisting

Eric Broch
And, doesn't whitelisting occur automatically in DSPAM (upon enabling
whitelist) after a certain amount of email from a certain source ( I
thought 10 ) hasn't been trained to the contrary?

On 7/30/2015 8:50 AM, Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not an expert in that however, try adding these 2 lines to your config
> file:
>
> Preference "enableWhitelist=on"
> Preference "whitelistThreshold=20"
>
> Maybe it will help,
>
> Peter
>

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015, at 04:40 PM, Christoph Pleger wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> no idea what I have to do to enable automatic whitelisting? I know that I
>> once had it working with a configuration very similar to my current one,
>> so probably only very little has to be changed. Unfortunately, I do not
>> have the old configuration files any more.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>   Christoph
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to have whitelisting enabled and thought that I have set all
>>> necessary configuration values for that, but obviously, it does not work.
>>>
>>> dspam is running in daemon mode. I have attached the contents of the
>>> configuration directory /etc/dspam.
>>>
>>> What do I have to change to make whitelisting work?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>   Christoph

Re: [Dspam-user] Enable whitelisting

Chad M Stewart-2

On Jul 30, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Eric Broch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And, doesn't whitelisting occur automatically in DSPAM (upon enabling
> whitelist) after a certain amount of email from a certain source ( I
> thought 10 ) hasn't been trained to the contrary?

Its been a while but I recall 10 as well.  I'm planning on using DSPAM again soon, using SA now and well, it sucks.

-Chad

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment