[Dspam-user] Fwd: [Dspam-devel] [ dspam-Feature Requests-3300325 ] Re-engineering for higher portability, UIMA, UClassify, ..

[Dspam-user] Fwd: [Dspam-devel] [ dspam-Feature Requests-3300325 ] Re-engineering for higher portability, UIMA, UClassify, ..

Julien Vehent
 This ticket puzzled me a bit, but there is something I'm curious about.
 For personal needs, I wrote a URL shortener, and I was wondering if
 DSPAM could be used to inspect the content of the links submitted to the
 URL shortener.
 It's document inspection, and I know DSPAM can do it, but how ? Did
 anybody ever do that ?

Re: [Dspam-user] Fwd: [Dspam-devel] [ dspam-Feature Requests-3300325 ] Re-engineering for higher portability, UIMA, UClassify, ..

Stevan Bajić
On Wed, 11 May 2011 16:06:06 -0400
Julien Vehent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Julien,

>  This ticket puzzled me a bit,

Why? It's just a simple request from some one who seems to be lazy to code a web service and call from that web service DSPAM. Nothing special. At least nothing special if you have coded web services in the past.

>  but there is something I'm curious about.
>  For personal needs, I wrote a URL shortener, and I was wondering if
>  DSPAM could be used to inspect the content of the links submitted to the
>  URL shortener.

Yes. DSPAM can be used for that, as long as you are happy with it's 'only two classes' capabilities.

>  It's document inspection, and I know DSPAM can do it, but how ? Did
>  anybody ever do that ?

Content inspection with DSPAM? Don't we all do that here?

 On Wed, 11 May 2011 22:42:44 +0200, Stevan Bajić wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 16:06:06 -0400
> Julien Vehent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Julien,

 Hi Stevan, How is switzerland doing ? :)

>>  It's document inspection, and I know DSPAM can do it, but how ? Did
>>  anybody ever do that ?
>>
> Content inspection with DSPAM? Don't we all do that here?

 Yes but how ? Would you reuse the LMTP channel to submit the document ?

 Note that I didn't do any research on the subject, I was wondering if
 somebody had done that before and had a pointer to some sort of document
 explaining it.

 Probably something I would investigate in the future.