[Dspam-user] [Help] DSPAM alternatives (again)

[Dspam-user] [Help] DSPAM alternatives (again)

Marco
Hello,

  I'm very sad. DSPAM is dying and I still haven't found a valid alternative.

I'm currently using this setup:

postfix (MX) --filter--> DSPAM ----> Amavis (Spamassassin+DSPAM
plugin) --reinjection--> postfix --lmtp--> popserver

DSPAM is very useful for learning at user level.
Spamassassin add a score based on DSPAM classification. DSPAM
classification depends on user's learn. Amavis finally send the mail
to spam folder through the plus addressing.

Do you know any tools that could replace DSPAM in above schema?

Thank you very much
Best Regards
Marco

Re: [Dspam-user] [Help] DSPAM alternatives (again)

Tom Hendrikx
Hi Marco,

Do you use spamassassin bayes? Works fine here.

Kind regards,

Tom

On 02-02-16 15:46, Marco wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I'm very sad. DSPAM is dying and I still haven't found a valid alternative.
>
> I'm currently using this setup:
>
> postfix (MX) --filter--> DSPAM ----> Amavis (Spamassassin+DSPAM
> plugin) --reinjection--> postfix --lmtp--> popserver
>
> DSPAM is very useful for learning at user level.
> Spamassassin add a score based on DSPAM classification. DSPAM
> classification depends on user's learn. Amavis finally send the mail
> to spam folder through the plus addressing.
>
> Do you know any tools that could replace DSPAM in above schema?
>
> Thank you very much
> Best Regards
> Marco

Re: [Dspam-user] [Help] DSPAM alternatives (again)

Stevan Bajić
Why do you want to replace it? And why do you think it is dying?
--
Kind Regards from Switzerland

Stevan Bajić

On 2 February 2016 15:46:52 CET, Marco <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm very sad. DSPAM is dying and I still haven't found a valid
>alternative.
>
>I'm currently using this setup:
>
>postfix (MX) --filter--> DSPAM ----> Amavis (Spamassassin+DSPAM
>plugin) --reinjection--> postfix --lmtp--> popserver
>
>DSPAM is very useful for learning at user level.
>Spamassassin add a score based on DSPAM classification. DSPAM
>classification depends on user's learn. Amavis finally send the mail
>to spam folder through the plus addressing.
>
>Do you know any tools that could replace DSPAM in above schema?
>
>Thank you very much
>Best Regards
>Marco

Re: [Dspam-user] [Help] DSPAM alternatives (again)

Marco
Hello,

  really I wouldn't replace DSPAM. But in my setup (large environment,
thousand and thousand mails) the primary issue is the "lock wait
timeout" on query to mysql.

I already configured DSPAM with TOE and partitioned the mysql table.
I tried to know if I could split to multiple backend per domain, but I
haven't found a good solution for me:

http://sourceforge.net/p/dspam/mailman/message/34502720/

I would like to try other backends as Redis, but Redis is not
supported by DSPAM.

I've also found in wikipedia the news that DSPAM has no active
developers. Many bugs are pending, I don't know if in future I can
trust DSPAM yet :(

I will start to try Spamassassin with bayes per user, if possible. But
I have some doubts, I knew Spamassassin wants a very balanced training
to work reasonably.

Thank you very much for every hints.
Best Regards
Marco