[Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

12

[Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов
Hello, is this list alive?

--
Орхан Касумов

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Eric Broch
Yes there are people responding to this list.

On 1/28/2015 9:50 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
Hello, is this list alive?

--
Орхан Касумов

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

ktm@rice.edu
Yes.

Ken

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 07:50:47PM +0300, Орхан Касумов wrote:
>  Hello, is this list alive?
>

> --
> Орхан Касумов

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Benny Pedersen-2
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Denis Igorevich Lobanov
>  Hello, is this list alive?
yes

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen <[hidden email]>:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <orkhan-azeri@...> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Eric Broch
What's your master.cf look like?
What's your dspam.conf look like?

On 1/28/2015 11:01 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen [hidden email]:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <orkhan-azeri@...> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов
Thanks for your interest.
I'll provide all relevant configs when I'm at work tomorrow, ASAP.

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Eric Broch
There is a good tutorial on the machine where dspam is hosted. /usr/share/doc/dspam-libs-3.10.2/postfix.txt

On 1/28/2015 11:01 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:vi
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen [hidden email]:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <orkhan-azeri@...> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов

I read the file "postfix.txt" in shared docs, but I can't make DSPAM insert any headers into mails if I only specify it as a content filter under "smtp" in "master.cf", and not under "smtps". Probably my configuration files (with stripped comments) will explain everything better:

dspam.conf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8eda6c0df06a/dspam.conf.txt
master.cf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7a06ab781307/master.cf.txt
main.cf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2dd1062220e2/main.cf.txt

For simplicity of my first setup, I installed DSPAM on the same machine as Postfix, and configured it to use libhash_drv.so, not other DB drivers. Software versions are the latest DSPAM and Postfix installed on FreeBSD 10.0. I didn't change too many defaults in configs, but maybe I've misconfigured something so obvious that any experienced user will be able to point it out right away.

Please help me to find the error, any help is highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 11:49 -07:00 от Eric Broch <[hidden email]>:
What's your master.cf look like?
What's your dspam.conf look like?

On 1/28/2015 11:01 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Eric Broch
1) According to the postfix.txt you should have TrustedDeliveryAgent commented out.

On 1/29/2015 12:00 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:

I read the file "postfix.txt" in shared docs, but I can't make DSPAM insert any headers into mails if I only specify it as a content filter under "smtp" in "master.cf", and not under "smtps". Probably my configuration files (with stripped comments) will explain everything better:

dspam.conf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8eda6c0df06a/dspam.conf.txt
master.cf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7a06ab781307/master.cf.txt
main.cf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2dd1062220e2/main.cf.txt

For simplicity of my first setup, I installed DSPAM on the same machine as Postfix, and configured it to use libhash_drv.so, not other DB drivers. Software versions are the latest DSPAM and Postfix installed on FreeBSD 10.0. I didn't change too many defaults in configs, but maybe I've misconfigured something so obvious that any experienced user will be able to point it out right away.

Please help me to find the error, any help is highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 11:49 -07:00 от Eric Broch [hidden email]:
What's your master.cf look like?
What's your dspam.conf look like?

On 1/28/2015 11:01 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов
Actually I tried it before and now tried it again to double-check - it doesn't work, situation is the same.

Среда, 28 января 2015, 11:49 -07:00 от Eric Broch <ebroch@...>:
What's your master.cf look like?
What's your dspam.conf look like?

On 1/28/2015 11:01 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов

Personally for me, it's an interesting situation: DSPAM works, but tags only local mail; other mail is delivered as if there was no content filter at all. Maybe something is wrong with my "master.cf" file?

If anyone here used DSPAM with Postfix, please take a look at my Postfix configs, I'm stuck in this situation and don't know what troubleshooting steps to take further.

Thanks in advance!

Четверг, 29 января 2015, 11:25 +03:00 от Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]>:
Actually I tried it before and now tried it again to double-check - it doesn't work, situation is the same.

Четверг, 29 января 2015, 1:18 -07:00 от Eric Broch <[hidden email]>:
1) According to the postfix.txt you should have TrustedDeliveryAgent commented out.

On 1/29/2015 12:00 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:

I read the file "postfix.txt" in shared docs, but I can't make DSPAM insert any headers into mails if I only specify it as a content filter under "smtp" in "master.cf", and not under "smtps". Probably my configuration files (with stripped comments) will explain everything better:

dspam.conf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8eda6c0df06a/dspam.conf.txt
master.cf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7a06ab781307/master.cf.txt
main.cf: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2dd1062220e2/main.cf.txt

For simplicity of my first setup, I installed DSPAM on the same machine as Postfix, and configured it to use libhash_drv.so, not other DB drivers. Software versions are the latest DSPAM and Postfix installed on FreeBSD 10.0. I didn't change too many defaults in configs, but maybe I've misconfigured something so obvious that any experienced user will be able to point it out right away.

Please help me to find the error, any help is highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 11:49 -07:00 от Eric Broch <ebroch@...>:
What's your master.cf look like?
What's your dspam.conf look like?

On 1/28/2015 11:01 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
Great!

Trying to add DSPAM to my Postfix - Dovecot setup, I came across an interesting situation, maybe someone here had a similar situation? Here's what happens:

Only local mail (i.e. letters sent from one mailbox to another mailbox on my server) is passed through DSPAM. Emails from other servers are received, but no DSPAM headers are inserted in them. And "dspam_stats" command shows no hits in the second case, while there are hits for the local mail.

Did anyone had this type of misconfiguration before? Your help would be highly appreciated!

Среда, 28 января 2015, 18:36 +01:00 от Benny Pedersen <me@...>:
On 28. jan. 2015 18.02.29 Орхан Касумов <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, is this list alive?

seems yes, but possible quiet

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Håkon Alstadheim
On 29. jan. 2015 11:23, Орхан Касумов wrote:

[...]

Well, it seems nobody "official" is stepping in here, so I will have a go :-)

Obvously all readmes and docs need to be applied with some thought, never just slavishly cut and paste. What you need to think about is:
- How is mail handled by YOUR postfix ? Draw maps of how a mail flows (incoming and outgoing) in YOUR specific system.
- Think about which mails you want piped through dspam (usually not mail from you to the world).
- If you have special needs, you may ned to either
       x) set up a recipient map or transport map on your smtps port to handle <user>-spam and <user>-nospam.
           I find that a bit fiddly,
       x) set up multiple postfix instances to easily route mail from different sources through dspam once and only once.
           Debian has a nice framework for doing so.
       x) remove the filter and set up dspam as local delivery agent, which in turn delivers to the mailboxes.
       x) other alternatives I can not remember right now

NOTE! You most likely do NOT want to set up dspam accounts for everyone you ar sending mail TO. For my own server, most of the mail I get through smtps MAY be ment for <user>-spam@myhost or <user>-nospam@myhost, but other than that I do not want mail submitted through smtps to go via dspam. In fact I found using the retrainging through mail-adresses to be cumbersome, so I have set up my local mail-store (dovecot) to retrain whenever users move mail into/out-of the spam folder by using the dovecot antispam plugin. Far cleaner.

On 1/29/2015 7:48 AM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Obvously all readmes and docs need to be applied with some thought,
> never just slavishly cut and paste
Obviously you haven't read the document.

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов
I always intend to understand configs that I take from examples. The problem is, almost all examples say to put the string:

"-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock"
under
"smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd"

In my setup, if I do so, it accomplishes nothing: DSPAM doesn't tag headers at all.

What worked in my case for local mails, was the same string

"-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock"
under
"smtps      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd"

Then DSPAM started to tag headers for mail from local users.

I don't know why this happens, maybe it's because of SSL configs in Postfix? (However, I've provided "main.cf", is there something wrong?)
But if my current way of applying a content filter is not correct, then with "correct" config like in examples:

smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock

DSPAM just doesn't tag any header. We can describe the problem in this way, if you wish.

Четверг, 29 января 2015, 9:09 -07:00 от Eric Broch <[hidden email]>:
On 1/29/2015 7:48 AM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Obvously all readmes and docs need to be applied with some thought,
> never just slavishly cut and paste
Obviously you haven't read the document.

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Eric Broch
Hi,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I set up a postfix/dspam combination on a CentOS 7 test server. I was able to get the system working following the instructions, almost verbatim, in the postfix.txt I sent you in an earlier post. I've put the dspam.conf and postfix files, main.cf and master.cf, on my ftp site in the following directory: ftp://ftp.whitehorsetc.com/pub/dspam/temp/ where you're free to download and look at them. I sent a test email from another smtp server and the email had all the DSPAM headers in it.

Postfix version is 2.2.10
Dspam version is 3.10.2

Eric

There are some differences between our two setups. 1) I set up MySQL

On 1/29/2015 9:47 AM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
I always intend to understand configs that I take from examples. The problem is, almost all examples say to put the string:

"-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock"
under
"smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd"

In my setup, if I do so, it accomplishes nothing: DSPAM doesn't tag headers at all.

What worked in my case for local mails, was the same string

"-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock"
under
"smtps      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd"

Then DSPAM started to tag headers for mail from local users.

I don't know why this happens, maybe it's because of SSL configs in Postfix? (However, I've provided "main.cf", is there something wrong?)
But if my current way of applying a content filter is not correct, then with "correct" config like in examples:

smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock

DSPAM just doesn't tag any header. We can describe the problem in this way, if you wish.

Четверг, 29 января 2015, 9:09 -07:00 от Eric Broch [hidden email]:
On 1/29/2015 7:48 AM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Obvously all readmes and docs need to be applied with some thought,
> never just slavishly cut and paste
Obviously you haven't read the document.

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Орхан Касумов
Thanks a lot for your work, I really appreciate your involvement.

Unfortunately, I can't quite accommodate your setup for my case. According to your "main.cf" file, you went with a standard setup, and your SMTP server uses port 25, and IMAP server (seemingly) uses port 143. With this setup, probably if I replicate everything you did, my DSPAM will work OK for all incoming mails.

However, my setup is different: SMTP server uses port 465 and IMAP server uses port 993; both use SSL encryption. Maybe, technically it doesn't mean a lot from DSPAM integration point of view, but my problem is that... well, for an unknown reason, I experience problems! When I try to follow "postfix.txt", I get no result. Only if I use this:

smtps      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
(space)-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock

I get local mail tagged, but mail from external servers comes with no tag.

I think the only way to find the cause, is for a person with more experience than me to try to replicate my setup as much as possible. Currently you're the only one who is really close to that, because you've already done most of the work setting up a Postfix - DSPAM - Dovecot(?) interaction. Could you please modify your test setup a bit? Try to use ports 465 & 993 for SMTP and IMAP, and SSL encryption for both. Then make sure that DSPAM tags all incoming mails.

If you get everything working with no problems, then I'll now for sure that my problem is...well... between the chair and the keyboard, obviously.

Четверг, 29 января 2015, 9:09 -07:00 от Eric Broch <ebroch@...>:
On 1/29/2015 7:48 AM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Obvously all readmes and docs need to be applied with some thought,
> never just slavishly cut and paste
Obviously you haven't read the document.

Re: [Dspam-user] Is this list alive?

Eric Broch
I'll look in to this further. If I might make one suggestion, though, I'd move my backend to either mysql or postgresql db and away from the flat file.

On 1/29/2015 11:33 PM, Орхан Касумов wrote:
> [...]

under
"smtps      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd"

Then DSPAM started to tag headers for mail from local users.

I don't know why this happens, maybe it's because of SSL configs in Postfix? (However, I've provided "main.cf", is there something wrong?)
But if my current way of applying a content filter is not correct, then with "correct" config like in examples:

smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
-o content_filter=lmtp:unix:/var/run/dspam.sock

DSPAM just doesn't tag any header. We can describe the problem in this way, if you wish.

Четверг, 29 января 2015, 9:09 -07:00 от Eric Broch <ebroch@...>:
On 1/29/2015 7:48 AM, Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Obvously all readmes and docs need to be applied with some thought,
> never just slavishly cut and paste
Obviously you haven't read the document.

When looking into Postfix messages in "/var/log/maillog", I noticed that for every mail that I send between 2 mailboxes on my local server, Posfix creates messages.
When I send a mail from outer server to my server, Posfix creates no messages at all (although with no DSPAM tags, mail is delivered). Is it the way it should be?