[Dspam-user] LJ new user on the list

L. Jankok

Hi Fellow dspam users,

I am new to the list.

This week I have implemented dspam successfully with postfix using transport maps.

In less than 48 hours dspam is filtering out those difficult spam mails which passes

the postscreen tests.

Hereby I share my dspam implementation strategy and choices.

I have a basic setup. I use postfix for all the selection logic. With postfix I can

filter which (sub)domain or e-mail address will be passed to the dspam socket.

Dspam reinjects the mail into postfix and postfix depending on the (sub)domain

or user, sends the mail to a particular internal protected mailserver.

Here are relevant snippets of my dspam configuration file.

# keep it simple

StorageDriver /usr/local/lib/dspam/libhash_drv.so

# reinject into postfix using smtp

DeliveryHost            127.0.0.1

DeliveryPort            1026

DeliveryIdent           dspam.localhost

DeliveryProto           SMTP

# for now train on everything

TrainingMode teft

Algorithm graham burton

# as advised

Tokenizer osb

PValue bcr

# tag the mail with a specific message.

# using the no spam tag, a companywide disclaimer

# can be enforced (just a matter of creativity)

Preference "spamAction=tag"

Preference "statisticalSedation=5"

Preference "signatureLocation=headers"

# again keep it simple

# make a postfix transport to retrain dspam

ParseToHeaders off

ChangeModeOnParse off

ChangeUserOnParse off

# User@domain is equal to user@Domain

Broken case

# make dspam talk lmtp

ServerMode standard

# spam mails are delivered after being tagged and after

# the subject has been preceded with [SPAM]

# On the internal mail server a companywide rule tags

# the mail as junk and move it to the users SPAM

# folder

ServerParameters       "--deliver=innocent,spam -d %u"

---- end relevant parts of dspam config

# group file content

groupone:classification:global-user*

# global-user preferences file content

trainingMode=TOE

Users don’t want to be bothered with details. They want

a configuration which works out of the box.

Optionally users can send a mail to [hidden email] or

[hidden email] to retrain for their specific account.

The system is fed by a couple of motivated users and because

of the group type everyone will benefit.

Take care,

LJ