[Dspam-user] Postfix DSpam retrain aliases and error 555 user does not exist

[Dspam-user] Postfix DSpam retrain aliases and error 555 user does not exist

David Mehler
Hello,

 I'm using Postfix 2.10 and DSpam 3.10 on an FC20 system.

 I'm trying to set up the DSpam aliases for retraining, [hidden email]
 and [hidden email] and I keep getting an error 555 from Postfix,
 user does not exist. I thought this was because I was trying to
 forward an email to the notspam address from my webmail client, but I
 tried it locally and got the same error.

 Here's my config for postfix, can anyone spot my error?
 /etc/postfix/main.cf:
 # Transport for dspam
 virtual_mailbox_maps =
 proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf,
 hash:/etc/postfix/dspam_aliases

 /etc/postfix/transport
[hidden email]  dspam-retrain:spam
[hidden email]   dspam-retrain:innocent

 /etc/postfix/dspam_aliases
 # for dspam training
[hidden email]      2
[hidden email]       6

 /etc/postfix/master.cf:
 dspam-retrain         unix    -       n       n       -      -     pipe
   flags=Rhq user=dspam argv=/usr/bin/dspamc --client --mode=teft
 --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user ${sender}

 Once these aliases are working is it possible to protect them? I don't
 want anyone just sending email to them?

 Thanks.
 Dave.

Re: [Dspam-user] Postfix DSpam retrain aliases and error 555 user does not exist

Tom Hendrikx

On 28-02-14 00:50, David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Postfix 2.10 and DSpam 3.10 on an FC20 system.
>
> I'm trying to set up the DSpam aliases for retraining,
> [hidden email] and [hidden email] and I keep getting an error
> 555 from Postfix, user does not exist. I thought this was because I
> was trying to forward an email to the notspam address from my
> webmail client, but I tried it locally and got the same error.

I guess this is a problem with postfix, since it doesn't accept the
message for your retraining alias. Could you send complete logging of
postfix for a failed delivery?

Also, you could try to set up the retraining aliases to deliver to a
regular mail address (f.i. [hidden email]), and verify that
message is delivered there. When you're sure that the alias works, try
to enable the transport table again.

Tom

> Here's my config for postfix, can anyone spot my error?
> /etc/postfix/main.cf: # Transport for dspam transport_maps =
> hash:/etc/postfix/transport virtual_mailbox_maps =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf,
> hash:/etc/postfix/dspam_aliases
>
> /etc/postfix/transport [hidden email]  dspam-retrain:spam
> [hidden email]   dspam-retrain:innocent
>
> /etc/postfix/dspam_aliases # for dspam training [hidden email]
> 2 [hidden email]       6
>
> /etc/postfix/master.cf: dspam-retrain         unix    -       n
> n       -      -     pipe flags=Rhq user=dspam argv=/usr/bin/dspamc
> --client --mode=teft --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user
> ${sender}
>
> Once these aliases are working is it possible to protect them? I
> don't want anyone just sending email to them?
>
> Thanks. Dave.

> Monitor traffic, SLAs, QoS, Medianet, WAAS etc. with NetFlow
> Analyzer Customize your own dashboards, set traffic alerts and
> generate reports. Network behavioral analysis & security
> monitoring. All-in-one tool.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=126839071&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: [Dspam-user] Postfix DSpam retrain aliases and error 555 user does not exist

Tom Hendrikx

On 28-02-14 00:50, David Mehler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Postfix 2.10 and DSpam 3.10 on an FC20 system.
>
> I'm trying to set up the DSpam aliases for retraining,
> [hidden email] and [hidden email] and I keep getting an error
> 555 from Postfix, user does not exist. I thought this was because I
> was trying to forward an email to the notspam address from my
> webmail client, but I tried it locally and got the same error.
>
> Here's my config for postfix, can anyone spot my error?
> /etc/postfix/main.cf: # Transport for dspam transport_maps =
> hash:/etc/postfix/transport virtual_mailbox_maps =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf,
> hash:/etc/postfix/dspam_aliases

My second best guess here is that you need to specify the receiving
addresses in an alias table (i.e. virtual_alias_maps), and have them
point to a mailbox in mydestination such as localhost. How about:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:

/etc/postfix/virtual:
 [hidden email]    spam@localhost
 [hidden email] notspam@localhost

/etc/postfix/transport:
 spam@localhost    dspam-retrain:spam
 notspam@localhost dspam-retrain:innocent

> /etc/postfix/transport [hidden email]  dspam-retrain:spam
> [hidden email]   dspam-retrain:innocent
>
> /etc/postfix/dspam_aliases # for dspam training [hidden email]
> 2 [hidden email]       6
>
> /etc/postfix/master.cf: dspam-retrain         unix    -       n
> n       -      -     pipe flags=Rhq user=dspam argv=/usr/bin/dspamc
> --client --mode=teft --class=${nexthop} --source=error --user
> ${sender}
>
> Once these aliases are working is it possible to protect them? I
> don't want anyone just sending email to them?
>
> Thanks. Dave.

> Monitor traffic, SLAs, QoS, Medianet, WAAS etc. with NetFlow
> Analyzer Customize your own dashboards, set traffic alerts and
> generate reports. Network behavioral analysis & security
> monitoring. All-in-one tool.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=126839071&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: [Dspam-user] Postfix DSpam retrain aliases and error 555 user does not exist

Tom Hendrikx

Hi David,

[please keep postings on-list]

Did you try to get postfix to deliver mail sent to spam@ to your
personal mailbox?

And please show postfix logging: someone with more knowledge can
possibly extract more information from it than you're showing us now.

Tom