[Dspam-user] Problems after system upgrades: "received invalid result"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Dspam-user] Problems after system upgrades: "received invalid result"

Jeff Kletsky
I'm stumped as how to further debug this one. I had a working config of
postfix/dspam running on my FreeBSD box, but it stopped processing
successfully with dspam after a "ports" upgrade, including:

Sep 21 19:35:27 mail pkg: postfix upgraded: 2.11.3_4,1 -> 2.11.6,1
Sep 21 19:35:30 mail pkg: dspam reinstalled: 3.10.2 -> 3.10.2
Sep 21 19:35:18 mail pkg: mysql56-client upgraded: 5.6.23 -> 5.6.26
Sep 21 19:35:29 mail pkg: mysql56-server upgraded: 5.6.22 -> 5.6.26


(I've since re-built and re-installed everything, without any improvement)

The symptom is maillog output like this (empty lines added for some
clarity):

Oct  2 08:08:29 mail postfix/smtpd[67391]: connect from
bmx.allycomm.com[198.199.108.230]
Oct  2 08:08:29 mail postfix/smtpd[67391]: DCB003E9:
client=bmx.allycomm.com[198.199.108.230]

Oct  2 08:08:29 mail postfix/cleanup[67396]: DCB003E9:
message-id=<[hidden email]>

Oct  2 08:08:29 mail postfix/qmgr[3969]: DCB003E9:
from=<-----@wagsky.com>, size=1241, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

Oct  2 08:08:29 mail dspam[65984]: bailing on error -2
Oct  2 08:08:29 mail dspam[65984]: received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM
&& !DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2
Oct  2 08:08:29 mail dspam[65984]: process_message returned error -5.  
delivering.

Oct  2 08:08:29 mail postfix/reinject/smtpd[67398]: connect from
localhost[127.0.0.1]
Oct  2 08:08:29 mail postfix/smtpd[67391]: disconnect from
bmx.allycomm.com[198.199.108.230]
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/reinject/smtpd[67398]: 3D65E3EA:
client=localhost[127.0.0.1]
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/cleanup[67396]: 3D65E3EA:
message-id=<[hidden email]>

Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/qmgr[3969]: 3D65E3EA:
from=<------@wagsky.com>, size=1411, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/reinject/smtpd[67398]: disconnect from
localhost[127.0.0.1]
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/lmtp[67397]: DCB003E9:
to=<-----@wagsky.com>, relay=mail.pn.wagsky.com[dspam/dspam.sock],
delay=0.68, delays=0.04/0/0/0.64, dsn=2.6.0, status=sent (250 2.6.0
<-----@wagsky.com> Message accepted for delivery)
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/qmgr[3969]: DCB003E9: removed
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail procmail/-----[67581]: Delivered to
/home/------/Maildir/new/1443798510.67502_0.mail.pn.wagsky.com
Oct  2 08:08:30 mail postfix/local[67399]: 3D65E3EA:
to=<-----@wagsky.com>, orig_to=<------@wagsky.com>, relay=local,
delay=0.53, delays=0.33/0/0/0.2, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to
command: /usr/local/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION" -a
"$ORIGINAL_RECIPIENT" DEFAULT=${HOME}/Maildir/ MAILDIR=${HOME}/Maildir)

It looks to me as though postfix is able to hand off the message to
dspam, and that dspam can reinject it into the postfix processing (as
before the upgrade).


I could use some help in trying to determine how to get dspam to once
again process the messages it is handed by Postfix.




Postfix is configured to "advanced filter" the messages through dspam,
based on <http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html>
with

postfix/master.cf:

# Implement "advanced content filter" filter output by appending
    -o content_filter=lmtp:unix:dspam/dspam.sock
    -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
# Implement "advanced content filter" filter input
# localhost:10025 inet  n       n       n       -       10 spawn
#         user=filter argv=/path/to/filter localhost 24
# Implement "advanced content filter" filter re-injection
localhost:24 inet  n    -       n       -       10      smtpd
   -o syslog_name=postfix/reinject
   -o content_filter=
   -o
receive_override_options=no_unknown_recipient_checks,no_header_body_checks,no_milters
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   # Postfix 2.10 and later: specify empty smtpd_relay_restrictions.
   -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
   -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
   -o smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts=127.0.0.0/8


The socket is there, with what I would assume are the same permissions
as before:

# ls -l /var/spool/postfix/dspam/
total 1
srwxrwxrwx  1 root     dspam  0 Oct  2 07:20 dspam.sock
srw-rw-rw-  1 postfix  dspam  0 Feb 14  2015 reinject.sock


The dspam user and dspam group are present in /etc/passwd and /etc/group


dspam is running as a daemon


I can process a single message manually:

# cat ~-----/Maildir/cur/<some message ID>:2,S | dspam --debug --user -----

and see the result in /var/log/dspam/dspam.debug

# tail dspam.debug
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] Graham-Bayesian Probability: 0.002278
Samples: 15
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] Burton-Bayesian Probability: 0.000018
Samples: 27
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] no factors specified; using default
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] Result Confidence: 1.00
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] Control: [10 10] [10 11] Delta: [0 1]
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] total processing time: 0.39067s
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] saving signature as
1001,560e94d4664944297915392
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] libdspam returned probability of 0.002278
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] message result: NOT SPAM
66494: [10/02/2015 07:29:40] DSPAM Instance Shutdown.  Exit Code: 0


I've got some old notes about "received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM &&
!DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2" happening with the --user parameter was a
fully-qualified mail address, not the local user.

I've checked and the mysql server is running and responds to interactive
queries. That calling dspam directly "works" suggests to me that the
database and access to the database is still functioning properly.

I don't see anything added in /var/log/dspam/dspam.debug coming from
running the daemon with the --debug option, nor anything "new" in either
/var/log/messages, or /var/log/maillog



I'm out of ideas at this point and am hoping for some suggestions as how
to proceed to resolve this.

TIA,

Jeff


----
Stuff I searched on that may help someone else find this thread:

received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM && !DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2

bailing on error -2


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Dspam-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Dspam-user] Problems after system upgrades: "received invalid result"

ktm@rice.edu
>
>
> I've got some old notes about "received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM &&
> !DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2" happening with the --user parameter was a
> fully-qualified mail address, not the local user.
>
> I've checked and the mysql server is running and responds to interactive
> queries. That calling dspam directly "works" suggests to me that the
> database and access to the database is still functioning properly.
>
> I don't see anything added in /var/log/dspam/dspam.debug coming from
> running the daemon with the --debug option, nor anything "new" in either
> /var/log/messages, or /var/log/maillog
>
>
>
> I'm out of ideas at this point and am hoping for some suggestions as how
> to proceed to resolve this.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeff
>

Hi Jeff,

Does the user that is being processed exist in the virtual users table?

Regards,
Ken

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Dspam-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Dspam-user] Problems after system upgrades: "received invalid result"

Jeff Kletsky
Thanks, yes, I can access the MySQL database using the "dspam" user and
credential and see both the original address as well as the aliased
address in dspam_virtual_uids

I'm compiling and installing with verbose debug now.

Jeff


On 10/2/15 5:18 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>>
>> I've got some old notes about "received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM &&
>> !DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2" happening with the --user parameter was a
>> fully-qualified mail address, not the local user.
>>
>> I've checked and the mysql server is running and responds to interactive
>> queries. That calling dspam directly "works" suggests to me that the
>> database and access to the database is still functioning properly.
>>
>> I don't see anything added in /var/log/dspam/dspam.debug coming from
>> running the daemon with the --debug option, nor anything "new" in either
>> /var/log/messages, or /var/log/maillog
>>
>>
>>
>> I'm out of ideas at this point and am hoping for some suggestions as how
>> to proceed to resolve this.
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Jeff
>>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Does the user that is being processed exist in the virtual users table?
>
> Regards,
> Ken
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Dspam-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Dspam-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Dspam-user] Problems after system upgrades: "received invalid result"

Jeff Kletsky
Mainly resolved:

Somewhere in the process, the port-configuration files ended up getting
changed and not configuring dspam with
--enable-virtual-users

I still am unable to get debugging output to /var/log/dspam/dspam.debug
when running as daemon under FreeBSD. I'm not sure if this is a
"feature" or not.



Debugging hints for anyone else that gets
      received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM && !DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2
or similar inscrutable error messages:



$ dspam --version

will show configuration parameters



The only way that I could get debugging output from dspam running as a
server was to keep in in the foreground by invoking it from the command
line (compiling it with --enable-debug and potentially
--enable-verbose-debug)

# dspam --daemon --nofork --debug



One can watch the conversation between dspam and postfix (or the like)
by inserting socat in between the two. For example:

# socat -v
UNIX-LISTEN:/var/spool/postfix/dspam/socat.listen,user=root,group=dspam,mode=777,fork
UNIX-CONNECT:/var/spool/postfix/dspam/dspam.sock

Postfix is then (temporarily) configured to use socat.listen as its
filter destination.



Thanks for the hints and head scratching!

Jeff




On 10/2/15 6:17 PM, Jeff Kletsky wrote:

> Thanks, yes, I can access the MySQL database using the "dspam" user and
> credential and see both the original address as well as the aliased
> address in dspam_virtual_uids
>
> I'm compiling and installing with verbose debug now.
>
> Jeff
>
>
> On 10/2/15 5:18 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>> I've got some old notes about "received invalid result (!DSR_ISSPAM &&
>>> !DSR_ISINNOCENT): -2" happening with the --user parameter was a
>>> fully-qualified mail address, not the local user.
>>>
>>> I've checked and the mysql server is running and responds to interactive
>>> queries. That calling dspam directly "works" suggests to me that the
>>> database and access to the database is still functioning properly.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything added in /var/log/dspam/dspam.debug coming from
>>> running the daemon with the --debug option, nor anything "new" in either
>>> /var/log/messages, or /var/log/maillog
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I'm out of ideas at this point and am hoping for some suggestions as how
>>> to proceed to resolve this.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Does the user that is being processed exist in the virtual users table?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ken
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> _______________________________________________
>> Dspam-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user
>>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Dspam-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Dspam-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user