[Dspam-user] Re : Fwd: [Dspam-devel] [ dspam-Feature Requests-3300325 ] Re-engineering for higher portability, UIMA, UClassify, ..

[Dspam-user] Re : Fwd: [Dspam-devel] [ dspam-Feature Requests-3300325 ] Re-engineering for higher portability, UIMA, UClassify, ..

laurent.cligny@gmail.com
Hello,

I think I remember that Dspam was originally built to be embeddable from the start. Maybe libdspam is a good way to start, as it will let anyone use it as a lib into its own specific code to achieve content classification from the source they want.

Laurent Cligny
Gérant/Founder
Steadinet
Http://www.steadinet.fr

Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 06:35:24 +0000
From: "SourceForge.net" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

Feature Requests item #3300325, was opened at 2011-05-11 06:35
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126468&aid=3300325&group_id=250683

Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment
thread,
not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
With the Web2.0 and Web 3.0 developments, Consumers have finally much
more possibilities to express their opinions, e.g. through Blogs,
facebook, etc. Unfortunately a lot of SPAM is present in those media,
therefore the use of DSPAM could be very useful to classify content and
cleanup the blogosphere..

Currently, DSPAM is a very complex package with several dependencies,
both on operating system (UNIX) and on other components (POSTGRES).

REQUEST:
It would be great, if it could be re-engineerd in order to be
"embeddable" e.g. in UIMA pipelines and also on Win* machines.

Perhaps, one could also follow with example of UClassify.com and
provide it as webservice..

Regards and compliments, and thankyou for your attention.

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1126468&aid=3300325&group_id=250683

Re: [Dspam-user] Re : Fwd: [Dspam-devel] [ dspam-Feature Requests-3300325 ] Re-engineering for higher portability, UIMA, UClassify, ..

Stevan Bajić
 On Thu, 12 May 2011 10:39:24 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,

 Hello Laurent,

> I think I remember that Dspam was originally built to be embeddable
> from the start.

 correct.

> Maybe libdspam is a good way to start,

 Yes. libdspam is the way to go if you want a lean/embeddable DSPAM.

> as it will let
> anyone use it as a lib into its own specific code to achieve content
> classification from the source they want.

 <sarcasm>But, but, but. The other person posting that feature request
 on SF does not want a library. She/He wants us (DSPAM community project)
 to produce a 'out of the box' solution targeting hers/his problem.
 libdspam would be a solution but that would require her/him to do some
 code for implementing it in a web service or anything such.</sarcasm>

--
 Kind Regards from Switzerland,

 Stevan Bajić