[Dspam-user] dspam retraining error

Al Zick
Hi,

Could someone help me please?

Dspam will run for a long time now. However, it fills the /var
directory and I end up do a new corpus training. Also, I can not
retrain dspam. When I run dspamc to retrain it gives me an error
'misconfigured'.

Kind Regards,
Al

Re: [Dspam-user] dspam retraining error

ktm@rice.edu
On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 09:34:25AM -0500, Al Zick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone help me please?
>
> Dspam will run for a long time now. However, it fills the /var
> directory and I end up do a new corpus training. Also, I can not
> retrain dspam. When I run dspamc to retrain it gives me an error
> 'misconfigured'.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Al

Hi Al,

You use the css-based backend for DSPAM. Are those the files that
are filling up /var? If so, I am not sure if the failure mode is
handled gracefully since I do not have any experience with that
backend. We use either MySQL or PostgreSQL backends. I checked my
sources for DSPAM and the two strings I found with 'misconfigured'
were:

#define ERR_EXT_LOOKUP_MISCONFIGURED "External Lookup misconfigured"
#define ERR_AGENT_MISCONFIGURED   "DSPAM agent misconfigured: aborting"

and the second option concerns the LMTP connection setup. Does that
give you a place to look?

Regards,
Ken