[Dspam-user] dspam

Al Zick
Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help. It seems spam is unstoppable and
keeps getting worst.

At this point, I would just like to remove dspam from my config, but
there is a large number of emails in my postfix cache that are
waiting to be sent to dspam. Some of which I need. The issue is that
I can get dspam to run but for a few minutes at a time. It may only
process one message between restarts.

I have tried deleting the data directory and creating a new antispam
user with:
cat 782081.emlx | dspam --mode=toe --process --deliver=stdout --user
antispam --client

What should permission be on /var/dspam/data ?

Then doing a corpus training with:
./dspam_training.sh antispam

Then running:
cssclean /var/dspam/data/antispam/antispam.css

And also:
chown -R dspam:dspam /var/dspam

It may only process one message before crashing, although sometimes
runs for a little while. I have debugging compiled in, but there is
nothing I can find in any of the logs. In fact, it doesn't always
stop in the same place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Al

Re: [Dspam-user] dspam

ktm@rice.edu
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 07:30:48AM -0400, Al Zick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone can help. It seems spam is unstoppable and
> keeps getting worst.
>
> At this point, I would just like to remove dspam from my config, but
> there is a large number of emails in my postfix cache that are
> waiting to be sent to dspam. Some of which I need. The issue is that
> I can get dspam to run but for a few minutes at a time. It may only
> process one message between restarts.
>
> I have tried deleting the data directory and creating a new antispam
> user with:
> cat 782081.emlx | dspam --mode=toe --process --deliver=stdout --user
> antispam --client
>
> What should permission be on /var/dspam/data ?
>
> Then doing a corpus training with:
> ./dspam_training.sh antispam
>
> Then running:
> cssclean /var/dspam/data/antispam/antispam.css
>
> And also:
> chown -R dspam:dspam /var/dspam
>
> It may only process one message before crashing, although sometimes
> runs for a little while. I have debugging compiled in, but there is
> nothing I can find in any of the logs. In fact, it doesn't always
> stop in the same place.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Kind Regards,
> Al

Hi Al,

Here are the permissions on my DSPAM data directory:

drwxrwx---. 9 dspam mail 4096 Sep 13  2014 /var/lib/dspam/data

Regards,
Ken

Re: [Dspam-user] dspam

Al Zick

On Oct 28, 2015, at 10:24 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 07:30:48AM -0400, Al Zick wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if anyone can help. It seems spam is unstoppable and
>> keeps getting worst.
>>
>> At this point, I would just like to remove dspam from my config, but
>> there is a large number of emails in my postfix cache that are
>> waiting to be sent to dspam. Some of which I need. The issue is that
>> I can get dspam to run but for a few minutes at a time. It may only
>> process one message between restarts.
>>
>> I have tried deleting the data directory and creating a new antispam
>> user with:
>> cat 782081.emlx | dspam --mode=toe --process --deliver=stdout --user
>> antispam --client
>>
>> What should permission be on /var/dspam/data ?
>>
>> Then doing a corpus training with:
>> ./dspam_training.sh antispam
>>
>> Then running:
>> cssclean /var/dspam/data/antispam/antispam.css
>>
>> And also:
>> chown -R dspam:dspam /var/dspam
>>
>> It may only process one message before crashing, although sometimes
>> runs for a little while. I have debugging compiled in, but there is
>> nothing I can find in any of the logs. In fact, it doesn't always
>> stop in the same place.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Al
>>
> Hi Al,
>
> Here are the permissions on my DSPAM data directory:
>
> drwxrwx---. 9 dspam mail 4096 Sep 13  2014 /var/lib/dspam/data

Hi Thanks,

With that it is running again.

Kind Regards,
Al