[Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

[Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

Colin Brace
Administrator
Hi all,

I have installed v3.9.0 under FreeBSD with MySQL v5.5.11

Initializing the database, I get a MySQL error:

/usr/local/share/examples/dspam/mysql]# mysql -uroot -pxxxxxxxxx dspam
<
mysql_objects-4.1.sql
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'type=MyISAM PACK_KEYS=1' at line 7.

Anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?

Thanks.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam

Re: [Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

Stevan Bajić
 On Sun, 08 May 2011 15:33:53 +0200, Colin Brace wrote:

> Hi all,

 Hello,

> I have installed v3.9.0 under FreeBSD with MySQL v5.5.11
>
> Initializing the database, I get a MySQL error:
>
> /usr/local/share/examples/dspam/mysql]# mysql -uroot -pxxxxxxxxx
> dspam
> <
> mysql_objects-4.1.sql
> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
> check
> the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
> right
> syntax to use near 'type=MyISAM PACK_KEYS=1' at line 7.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?

 some of the SQL commands used in DSPAM are NOT working with >= MySQL
 5.5.0

--
 Kind Regards from Switzerland,

 Stevan Bajić

> --
> Colin Brace
> Amsterdam
> http://lim.nl [1]

 Links:
 ------
 [1] http://lim.nl
 [2] http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd
 [3] mailto:[hidden email]
 [4] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dspam-user

Re: [Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

Sebastian Töpfer
Hello,
On Sun, 08 May 2011 15:33:53 +0200, Colin Brace wrote:

> Hi all,

Hello,

> I have installed v3.9.0 under FreeBSD with MySQL v5.5.11
>
> Initializing the database, I get a MySQL error:
>
> /usr/local/share/examples/dspam/mysql]# mysql -uroot -pxxxxxxxxx
> dspam
> <
> mysql_objects-4.1.sql
> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
> check
> the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
> right
> syntax to use near 'type=MyISAM PACK_KEYS=1' at line 7.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is going wrong here?

some of the SQL commands used in DSPAM are NOT working with >= MySQL
5.5.0

Think I've found a solution:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=59288

replace TYPE with ENGINE in the sql scripts.

But I don't have any Mysql 5.5 at time, so I can not test it :(

Re: [Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

Stevan Bajić
On Mon, 9 May 2011 21:08:19 +0200
Sebastian Töpfer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,

Hello Sebastian,

hmmm... I usually use ENGINE all the time. Don't know why this TYPE is there? Anyway.... from my experience I know that ENGINE works since loooooong time. So changing everything to ENGINE instead of TYPE is easy. Will just do that right now.

> But I don't have any Mysql 5.5 at time, so I can not test it :(

Me neither and I am lazy to install now somewhere a 5.5.x version :)

Re: [Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

Bradley Giesbrecht

On May 9, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Stevan Bajić wrote:

> On Mon, 9 May 2011 21:08:19 +0200
> Sebastian Töpfer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
> Hello Sebastian,

This is just a create database script, right?

Tonight I will install mysql 5.5, replace "type" with "engine" and load the mysql_objects-4.1.sql script.

--
Brad

Re: [Dspam-user] mysql error initializing database

Stevan Bajić
On Mon, 9 May 2011 17:02:11 -0700
Bradley Giesbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 9, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Stevan Bajić wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 9 May 2011 21:08:19 +0200
> > Sebastian Töpfer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> > Hello Sebastian,

Better would be to try the latest GIT or use the files from here:
http://dspam.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=dspam/dspam;a=tree;f=src/tools.mysql_drv;hb=HEAD