[Dspam-user] retraining question

Al Zick
Hi,

Maybe someone can help me. In the last few minutes 112 emails came
through 109 of them are spam. Do I need to retrain each spam message,
or for example if I get 500 spam emails today with "Affordable New
Denta Implants Options Available in Your Area" in the subject can I
just retrain one of them?

Kind Regards,
Al

Re: [Dspam-user] retraining question

Eric Broch
I don't retrain an email if dspam has already tagged it as spam. As for
the second scenario, I'd train all 500 if they weren't tagged as spam
(and should have been) even if the subjects were all the same, as the
subject is only one part of the email used to make a determination.

On 7/22/2015 8:02 PM, Al Zick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe someone can help me. In the last few minutes 112 emails came
> through 109 of them are spam. Do I need to retrain each spam message,
> or for example if I get 500 spam emails today with "Affordable New
> Denta Implants Options Available in Your Area" in the subject can I
> just retrain one of them?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Al

Re: [Dspam-user] retraining question

Al Zick
Hi,

Dspam has not tagged these messages as spam. They are in my inbox.

It is catching some spam, but not a lot.

I am using:

master.cf:
# Dspam retaining transport
dspam-retrain unix - n n - - pipe flags=XRu user=dspam argv=/usr/
local/bin/dspam-retrain-forward.pl
    --debug=no
    --client
    --user antispam
    --class=${nexthop}
    --source=error
    --full=yes
    --headers-only=no
    --bodies-only=yes
    --first-only=no
    --skip-first=no
    --bin-dir=/usr/local/bin

The messages get piped to dspam-retrain-forward.pl, then to dspamc.
However, dspam-retrain-forward.pl runs for several seconds and dspamc
only runs for like 1/2 a second. In fact, dspamc exits before dspam-
retrain-forward.pl is finished. There is no errors in dspam.log.

How can I test to see if an email has been retrained?

This is from the headers of an email that just came through:

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:54:55 -0700
From: DrOz's Carb Secret <[hidden email]>
Subject: How Rachael and Other Celebs Shed 5-lbs/Wk, Free Shipping
07/23/2015
Gwu-Pa:
3ae2033f784236768fec245d86f0c3e9g_g3ae2033f784236768fec245d86f0c3e9_a652
5101
To: <[hidden email]>

Why didn't it catch it?

Kind Regards,