[Dspam-user] setting up dspam

Al Zick
Hi,

I have googled, but I am not finding anything that works. I am
running postfix with procmail as the deliver agent.

This is my procmail config:

# dspam spam filtering:
:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/dspam --stdout --deliver=spam,innocent --client --
username dspam

# kick out spam
:0

dspam now is putting an id on each email, but I am not sure how to
train it. I would like to set it up so that I can just send an email
to [hidden email]. Also, I don't use mbox.

Thanks,
Al

Re: [Dspam-user] setting up dspam

Martin Wheldon
Hi Al,

If you google the following, you will find a discussion on how best to
train Dspam.

Dspam increase spam hit rate

Best Regards

Martin Wheldon

On 2014-10-06 00:55, Al wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have googled, but I am not finding anything that works. I am
> running postfix with procmail as the deliver agent.
>
> This is my procmail config:
>
> # dspam spam filtering:
> :0fw
> | /usr/local/bin/dspam --stdout --deliver=spam,innocent --client --
> username dspam
>
> # kick out spam
> :0
>
> dspam now is putting an id on each email, but I am not sure how to
> train it. I would like to set it up so that I can just send an email
> to [hidden email]. Also, I don't use mbox.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

> !DSPAM:31,5431fbed182971463728330!

Re: [Dspam-user] setting up dspam

Eric Broch
If you're using IMAP folders have each user move their spam in a 'spam'
folder and train on the email using a script on your email server.

Eric

On 10/5/2014 5:55 PM, Al wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have googled, but I am not finding anything that works. I am
> running postfix with procmail as the deliver agent.
>
> This is my procmail config:
>
> # dspam spam filtering:
> :0fw
> | /usr/local/bin/dspam --stdout --deliver=spam,innocent --client --
> username dspam
>
> # kick out spam
> :0
>
> dspam now is putting an id on each email, but I am not sure how to
> train it. I would like to set it up so that I can just send an email
> to [hidden email]. Also, I don't use mbox.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

Re: [Dspam-user] setting up dspam

Al Zick
Hi,

I am using pine.

Thanks,
Al

On Oct 6, 2014, at 9:01 AM, Eric Broch wrote:

> If you're using IMAP folders have each user move their spam in a
> 'spam'
> folder and train on the email using a script on your email server.
>
> Eric
>
> On 10/5/2014 5:55 PM, Al wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have googled, but I am not finding anything that works. I am
>> running postfix with procmail as the deliver agent.
>>
>> This is my procmail config:
>>
>> # dspam spam filtering:
>> :0fw
>> | /usr/local/bin/dspam --stdout --deliver=spam,innocent --client --
>> username dspam
>>
>> # kick out spam
>> :0
>>
>> dspam now is putting an id on each email, but I am not sure how to
>> train it. I would like to set it up so that I can just send an email
>> to [hidden email]. Also, I don't use mbox.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al

> !DSPAM:54329501275871323210543!

Re: [Dspam-user] setting up dspam

Al Zick
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

Kind Regards,
Al

On Oct 6, 2014, at 2:32 AM, Martin Wheldon wrote:

> Hi Al,
>
> If you google the following, you will find a discussion on how best to
> train Dspam.
>
> Dspam increase spam hit rate
>
> Best Regards
>
> Martin Wheldon
>
> On 2014-10-06 00:55, Al wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have googled, but I am not finding anything that works. I am
>> running postfix with procmail as the deliver agent.
>>
>> This is my procmail config:
>>
>> # dspam spam filtering:
>> :0fw
>> | /usr/local/bin/dspam --stdout --deliver=spam,innocent --client --
>> username dspam
>>
>> # kick out spam
>> :0
>>
>> dspam now is putting an id on each email, but I am not sure how to
>> train it. I would like to set it up so that I can just send an email
>> to [hidden email]. Also, I don't use mbox.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Al

> !DSPAM:54323d7084121328099757!

Re: [Dspam-user] setting up dspam

Al Zick

I did a search for "Dspam increase spam hit rate". However, I am not
getting anything marked as spam and everything is being marked as
innocent. All I can think is that the training I am doing is not
working. I have tried several things and I have pretty much exhausted
google. Still, I think there must be something somewhere that would
tell me how to train dspam with pine. It may be that when I save
something as spam it is stored in a file with other spam emails.