[Dspam-user] unexpected behavior

Al Zick
Hi,

I can't understand why dspam does some of the things it does.

First, can someone verify for me that there is a retraining issue
with dspam if using a hash driver with toe?

Second, filtering doesn't work if I am using an extlookup. It may
work for a while, but then all messages will be marked as innocent. I
have checked and the extlookup works when I run it from the command
line.

Third, when using an extlookup, should dspam log it as the user
specified by the extlookup script? It logs it as the system user if
called from procmail, or the email address if called from postfix.

Kind Regards,
Al

Re: [Dspam-user] unexpected behavior

ktm@rice.edu
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 04:03:53PM -0400, Al Zick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't understand why dspam does some of the things it does.
>
> First, can someone verify for me that there is a retraining issue
> with dspam if using a hash driver with toe?
>
> Second, filtering doesn't work if I am using an extlookup. It may
> work for a while, but then all messages will be marked as innocent. I
> have checked and the extlookup works when I run it from the command
> line.
>
> Third, when using an extlookup, should dspam log it as the user
> specified by the extlookup script? It logs it as the system user if
> called from procmail, or the email address if called from postfix.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Al

Hi Al,

I do not have any experience with the hash driver since it targets
the single-user use case. Any of the SQL based drivers work very
well. Also, we submit Email to DSPAM via LMTP directly from postfix
and again it is very stable. We do use a procmail delivery process
for local delivery to a small number of accounts and again it works
well. The recipes for these in the documentation do work. One thing
you may want to try is using one of the DSPAM milters. I hope some
of this helps.

Regards,
Ken

On Jun 12, 2015, at 8:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 04:03:53PM -0400, Al Zick wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can't understand why dspam does some of the things it does.
>>
>> First, can someone verify for me that there is a retraining issue
>> with dspam if using a hash driver with toe?
>>
>> Second, filtering doesn't work if I am using an extlookup. It may
>> work for a while, but then all messages will be marked as innocent. I
>> have checked and the extlookup works when I run it from the command
>> line.
>>
>> Third, when using an extlookup, should dspam log it as the user
>> specified by the extlookup script? It logs it as the system user if
>> called from procmail, or the email address if called from postfix.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Al
>>

> Hi Al,
>
> I do not have any experience with the hash driver since it targets
> the single-user use case. Any of the SQL based drivers work very
> well. Also, we submit Email to DSPAM via LMTP directly from postfix
> and again it is very stable. We do use a procmail delivery process
> for local delivery to a small number of accounts and again it works
> well. The recipes for these in the documentation do work. One thing
> you may want to try is using one of the DSPAM milters. I hope some
> of this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Hi Ken,

I have figured why when passing email to dspam via LMTP it was
creating a problem. Dspam was passing the emails back into postfix on
the wrong IP /port, then postfix would pass it back to dspam for
filtering. So, I have made some progress. However, I was not able to
get dspam to compile with mysql driver support. In the mean time, I
created the database with: cat dspam_training/spam/new/781097.emlx |
dspam --user antispam --class=spam --source=corpus --deliver=summar

I then ran:
dspam_train antispam --client dspam_training/spam/new dspam_training/
ham/new

Still, I am trying to find a way to make dspam compile with mysql
support.

Kind Regards,
Al