[Dspam-user] webui new user not being added

[Dspam-user] webui new user not being added

Chad E. Berg
Hello-
I have successfully setup the webui and have been using it for quite some
time.  It has been working flawlessly in that regard, with the exception of
new users.  They are able to login and see everything an existing user
would, but when they go to set their preferences it is not saved to MySQL.
If I add the user in the `dspam_virtual_uids` MySQL table then they can set
their preferences correctly.  My opt dspam setting in dspam.conf is optIn so
I imagine that has something to do with that.  If I change it to optOut then
it works but only because dspam is creating the uid in the table when the
first message is processed.  Is there any way to make this work?

Re: [Dspam-user] webui new user not being added

Tom Hendrikx

On Mar 13, 2014, at 16:01, Tom Hendrikx  wrote:

> On 08-03-14 17:26, Chad E. Berg wrote:
>> Hello- I have successfully setup the webui and have been using it
>> for quite some time.  It has been working flawlessly in that
>> regard, with the exception of new users.  They are able to login
>> and see everything an existing user would, but when they go to set
>> their preferences it is not saved to MySQL. If I add the user in
>> the `dspam_virtual_uids` MySQL table then they can set their
>> preferences correctly.  My opt dspam setting in dspam.conf is optIn
>> so I imagine that has something to do with that.  If I change it to
>> optOut then it works but only because dspam is creating the uid in
>> the table when the first message is processed.  Is there any way to
>> make this work?
>>

> You said OptIn. The way to OptIn people is by creating their accounts
> manually. So the correct workaround is to either use OptOut, or create
> them manually. You figured it out yourself:)
>
> You could also make the dspam_virtual_uids query return users from
> postfixadmin tables (or a similar tool), if you manage the data in the
> same database.

Hi Tom-
Thanks for your reply.  What you are saying makes sense, but I am wondering
if there are commands that I can use to alter the webui script that would
check if a user exists in the dspam_virtual_uids table and if not create
one.  That way a user can log in and opt in to dspam from the webui without
requiring someone to crate the uid for them first.

I use qmail/vpopmail and have an 'onchange' script setup to update a
htpasswd file when new users are added.  So all of my users are able to
login to the webui, regardless if they have dspam enabled or not.

Alternatively I suppose I could modify the onchange script to create a uid
for each user.  That is a bit problematic because the current script
regenerates the entire file each time a change is detected.

There are a few more details below that I had posted previously:

On Mar 10, 2014, at 18:13, Chad E. Berg  wrote:
> It appears that the issue is not with the webui and with the dspam_admin
> binary possibly.  webui is calling
> 'dspam_admin ch pref' when creating/modifying user preferences.  This
fails