Quantcast

dspam dying after connection

Colin Brace
Administrator
Hi all,

I have been using dspam for several years in conjunction with postfix. Just now I am migrating my mail server to a new host. Something seems to have broken in my configuration. Every time postfix attempts to submit a mail to dspam the latter dies. A typical maillog entry looks like this:

Sep 22 01:57:24 tila postfix/lmtp[80453]: 8D42B2E75A: to=<cb@xxx,xx>, relay=tila[/var/run/dspam.sock], delay=0.43, delays=0.16/0.01/0/0.26, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost connection with tila[/var/run/dspam.sock] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)

I am using the hash driver, which is fine for my purposes. I switched on debugging, but that doesn't tell me anything useful.

Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Thanks

$ dspam --version

DSPAM Anti-Spam Suite 3.9.0 (agent/library)

Copyright (c) 2002-2009 DSPAM Project
http://dspam.sourceforge.net.

DSPAM may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the DSPAM distribution kit.

Configuration parameters:  '--sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc' '--with-logdir=/var/log/dspam' '--with-dspam-home=/var/db/dspam' '--with-dspam-home-owner=root' '--with-dspam-home-group=mail' '--with-dspam-home-mode=0770' '--with-dspam-owner=root' '--with-dspam-group=mail' '--enable-syslog' '--enable-debug' '--enable-daemon' '--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/include/mysql' '--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib/mysql' '--with-storage-driver=hash_drv,mysql_drv' '--with-dspam-mode=4510' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--mandir=/usr/local/man' '--infodir=/usr/local/info/' '--build=i386-portbld-freebsd9.0' 'build_alias=i386-portbld-freebsd9.0' 'CC=cc' 'CFLAGS=-pipe  -g' 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib' 'LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -pthread' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include' 'CPP=cpp' 'CXX=c++' 'CXXFLAGS=-pipe -g'

Re: dspam dying after connection

Colin Brace
Administrator
I have identified the cause of dspam crashing: it occurs when I try to migrate a user .css file from one server to another.

Steps:

1 On new server, delete all data files for a given user under /var/db/dspam/data

2. Start dspam, submit a mail for that user.

3. dspam recreates ../data/ directories and files, such as *.log and *.css.

4. Stop dspam. Copy (scp) .css file from old sever to new server.

5. Restart dspam on new server. Submit new mail. dspam dies.

Questions:

1. How does one correctly migrate dpsam data from one server to another?

2. Does machine architecture matter? In my case, old server is 64-bit, new server is 32-bit.

Thanks

Colin

Re: [Dspam-user] dspam dying after connection

Paul Cockings
On 2012-10-05 21:53, Colin Brace wrote:
> 2. Does machine architecture matter? In my case, old server is
> 64-bit, new
> server is 32-bit.

http://dspam.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=dspam/dspam;a=blob;f=README;h=4ba6fd9a68e7424d2e68030f48c029aacf5eefd0;hb=HEAD

from the README file lines 263 & 264

"Also note that a database created with the hash driver is currently
not safe
to move between 32/64 bit systems or big/little endian systems."

Re: [Dspam-user] dspam dying after connection

Benny Pedersen
[hidden email] skrev den 05-10-2012 23:04:

> from the README file lines 263 & 264
>
> "Also note that a database created with the hash driver is currently
> not safe to move between 32/64 bit systems or big/little endian
> systems."

would it be in generic a solution to make exporters/importers to a raw
format so instalations can be moved, or simple migraded from hash or to
hash, with any of the others backends like postgresql/mysql/sqlite what
ever dspam currently supports ?

would this be more then just a wish from me ?